Wednesday, February 25, 2009

WHAT................almost March what happened?

I can't believe its almost March. The wildflowers are starting to bloom on Sun Valley Parkway. The weather has been in the 80"s I finally opened the slider and had the screen door open all day I guess it will be open until the first part of December, except during the Monsoon of course.

I guess you could say I've been hibernating. Most of the new year has been spent keeping Daddy out of the hospital and taking our once a week runs into town. Some of the time I've been reading. I really should have kept track of all the books I've read, I know it must be 50 at least. The remainder of the time I've been making the Solar System for the Jordan playroom. Yes, I said the Solar System, well at least all the planets. I originally wanted to make the planets out of paper machei however, attempting my first one seem to be a burdensome task. I rethought the plan, came up with paper lanterns in different sizes representing the planets. I used colored tissue paper and Mod Podged them on to the lanterns. Daddy bought this great book all about the Solar System that has the best pictures ever. Josh has learned all about the planets, galaxies, black holes etc. and was intrigued by the book and had to look at it every night for months. Sooooo....that's where the inspiration came from and......I must really love my grandchildren. Yesterday was the unveiling. The planets were hung. Saturn went up with just a little problem but finally broke through the double sheeted sheet rock. Yes, double sheeted. Jupiter was next, my plan was to take the ice pick to start the hole, then use a hammer to start the screw and then use the screw driver to set the molly bolt. SIMPLE PLAN...............it was a simple plan after I got the ice pick stuck in the ceiling and could not budge it. Wouldn't go in any further....even with many smacks with the hammer, as well as several hammer marks around the ice pick in the ceiling. SORRY JASON. We must have used every type of gripping tool Jason had in the garage. But Nooooooooooooooooooo there was no way that pick was coming out. At that point another way of installation was necessary. Back to Home Depot (I love that place) for an eye bolt with a screw that was long enough, yet with the diameter that would fit into the nail holes without falling out. Back to work. Did I mention I went up and down on the ladder at least 75 times. Oh and the hole was just far enough out of my sight everything was a blur. However, what differences did that make when my safety glass were fogging up and I couldn't see anyway. All the while Daddy was dancing to Mel's cell phone music and the two of them were completely out of control. Anyway to say the least I'm glad the project is over and the planets are orbiting the Jordan playroom. I must really love my grandchildren .

Saturdays have begun a new activity, going to Josh's basketball games. First year......I have enjoyed them soooooo much and can't wait until the next game. There is always plenty of chuckles and even some down right out bursts of laughter. Josh runs really fast down the court and always remembers to put his arms up to block. Every game the team improves little by little. Last Saturday was a riot. Josh was not running down the court. Mel thought maybe he wasn't feeling well. She kept saying "I hope he's not coming down with something...............well..................come to find out both pockets were full of cars. He didn't want to run because he was afraid of them falling out of his pants. hahahahahaha The coach kept give him the sign come on run, run down the court. At last the light bulb lite up and he saw Josh's pockets swinging back and forth. BUSTED Coach called him over and emptied his pockets and sure enought 3-4 cars were devulged.


No comments:

Post a Comment